Monday, February 3, 2014

Mexico Pachuca - Week 12 - February 3, 2014

(Excerpts from his email)

 Q: Transferring? I can imagine this time of the mission brings some anxieties. I know that the mission is set up the way it is for a reason and that no matter what happens, there is a purpose and we need to just trust. So, no matter what happens, go forth in faith.
 A: Yes this time is definitely stressful as a missionary because of transfers and that’s what you talk about almost all week even though were not supposed to. We are waiting to hear if we have changes right now but I’m not sure yet I will let you know when I email later in the day. 

      EP: No changes for us which is good cuz we have a party this Thursday haha!
      Mom: I'm happy for you, that means you still have a work to do there. Go find that boy and those ladies! So who is throwing you a party? That's really great, makes me very happy that there are people there taking care of you.
      EP: The bishops family is throwing us a party. 
      Mom: A party for your birthday or just cause you are staying? Please thank them for me, I do so appreciate that they would do something like that for you. Can I send them anything? At least we know you will be there for another 6 weeks, hopefully.
     EP: A party for my birthday. I will thank them for sure. 
     MOM: Well, HAPPY 20th BIRTHDAY!!!! A new decade begins, hopefully full of many, many wonderful things.
     EP: Seriously I now have a 2 in front of how old I am its crazy. I will thank them for sure. Haha yeah I will be here hopefully. Um candies, they liked the macadamia nuts a lot and I want to show them li hing mui on oranges because here you buy oranges by like 10 kgs so they have the loads in their house. 

Q: How’s your investigators coming along? Did you get to teach that little boy and his family? The two ladies?
A: We didn’t find the boys house but yesterday we were talking with a member family and the dad said his son was talking to his friends about the church and stuff and I remembered the other boy hector. We asked if he knew him and he said no but the daughter does and I think the family at least knows their names and where they live so we are going to visit them later this week if we are still here. That was definitely a blessing because we looked for his house and we couldn’t find it and no one knew who the boy was where we asked. 

Q: How you doing with meeting your teaching quota?
A: With the teaching quota we are at about 30 to 35 lessons a week but it doesn’t really matter because the lessons we teach the people aren’t progressing well so ya that’s how that’s going but again another miracle. The zone leaders said they were knocking doors and they knocked on the door of Darinels mom and they are teaching her right now. So if all goes well hopefully they can help each other and get baptized together. 

Q: I saw the tie you were wearing in a picture at stake conference, it’s purple and pink, and your companion was wearing a pink one. Did someone make those for you guys? Looked hand made. Ty said he wants it!

A: Haha yeah my tie is purple pink and blue and it’s hand made. The bishop’s wife made them for me and my companion. Ty can use it when I get home its actually really cool. 

Q: How’s the weather, better or still cold?

A: Its a little cold but definitely starting to warm up.This is what you do when the electricity sucks and you cant plug in your microwave. I am eating a tamale torta. Its just a tamale in bread and that is our boiler that in a miracle was actually working that morning. Its not broken my companion thinks its so cold in the night that the gas doesn’t flow well in the morning. 

     Mom: What’s a tamale?
     EP: Tamale is … I don’t know, like corn meal with different stuff inside. Sometimes chicken and chilies and sometimes stuff like pineapple or raisins. And its wrapped in a corn husk and they steam it. Its Mexican lau lau. And they have barbacoa. Its like kalua pig. They cook it the same way or similar.  
     MOM: Tamales sound like manapua or manju or both!?!?!
     EP: Haha yeah I know, its kind of like that but actually really bland cuz its mostly just corn meal. I am good. excited to go forward here but I gtg (got to go) talk to you next week love you guys! 

Love,
Elder Park

No comments:

Post a Comment