Monday, August 17, 2015

Mexico Pachuca - Week 92 - August 17, 2015



(Excerpts from his email)

it has been a super hard week but nothing like what i thought it would be. like you said i have felt the love and strength of my Heavenly Father everyday. I’m ok. i don’t know how to be honest but i am ok. just like you mom i think Monday night more than anything else i just wanted to be home and hug you and just be with you all but there’s a reason things happened. i hope it was the right decision to stay in the mission and i will do all i can to make sure i finish it how i should. i am not gonna finish and let myself do it bad when now more than ever we all need the blessings and just the strength to do everything. i am good as well. Don’t worry about me i will be ok i am trying to lose myself in the work and worry about everything else later. Also tyler was the first person to come to mind. i didn’t know he was in the house but just like you guys worried about him. i don’t really know how to put everything in words but i love you guys so much. i will also do my best to be that example for everyone in the mission. give my all at all times. i love you all so much. i have felt your prayers and your concerns but I’m ok.

it was a rough week. haha just trying to focus the best i can on what i need to do. in the day i have been pretty good but at night and in the morning when i have a little more personal time its been a little rougher. but we have been working as hard as we can. president gave us some scriptures to study. one was 2 Corinthians 12:9-10. 

“And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.”

this week i have felt that. weak, small, like i can’t do anything to help you guys at home. worried. just a bunch of stuff. but then I have felt so strong in other moments. maybe not out of the ordinary but i know that without that help i wouldn’t have made it through the week. i would probably be home right now. i know that this is what i need to do right now because He has helped me to do what i need to do. this week we had 10 people come to church with baptismal dates. we have 3 baptisms this week coming up. another one next week. and those 4 have told us that they know its true. they are totally convinced of everything and they show it in the their actions. it has been a rollercoaster ride of emotions this week but i feel like i need to just finish the best i can. i have learned more than anything to trust in the Lord this week. Trust Him with everything and just do what i can. I also have been a little worried for ty. he didn’t email me but just tell him i love him so much. and if he wants to talk we can talk.

this week we got Lorena and Guillemin that are gonna get baptized like super sure. the other daughter is Sonia but she has a mental illness. she cant talk but she understands us. so she is gonna have a baptismal interview if she can respond through gestures or something like that then she will get baptized with her mom and sister. we have Graciela. her daughter and granddaughter just got baptized like a month ago. she was super against it at first but then she went to the baptism and the confirmation and hasn’t stopped going since. she loves the church. her life ahs been hard and its still hard for her but she has found the gospel and the peace and joy that comes from it. we have 2 magic children. Isai and Israel. we are working with their families so they all get active and they can get baptized. we have Martha and her 3 kids that went to church  for the first time this week. and we have angel. he’s 17 but also has some mental problems he just finished middle school but he loves the church. he goes by himself every week. 

i only got a couple more minutes. but like you said maybe there’s not much i can do there and not much to come home to except my family but that’s all i need. its been a rough week for everyone and i think for the first time in my whole mission i wanted to just go home but i know that’s not what the Lord wants for me or for you guys. I love you all. Take care of ty i will write him something right now. In 4 short weeks I’ll be home and well take it from there. for now there’s things to do and like you said a lot of investigators right now that need my attention. i know you will all be ok. i love you and thank everyone for their support and prayers. 

Love,
Elder Park

No comments:

Post a Comment