Sunday, June 29, 2014

Mexico Pachuca - Week 32 - June 23, 2014

(excerpts from his email)

EP:hey I’m doing really good.this Saturday if everything goes as planned we have 2 more baptisms. 

 M: That's great son. We are speaking in Waianae Ward this Sunday on prayer, want to give me a story about prayer to share?

 EP: Ya i would say my mission story is about prayer. Ok so i always knew i wanted to go on a mission but i just had a lot of questions. I wasn’t sure of my self. I was scared i didn’t think i knew enough to teach people i just doubted myself a lot. I was also thinking a lot about everything i would be leaving but i knew it was something i had to do. So one night i got on my knees for probably the first time in my life and just poured out everything. I just remember getting everything out, all my doubts all my everything and my head was just all over the place thinking about everything and then i don’t remember what happened but i was just filled with peace. My mind just went blank and i just went from a million things in my head to nothing. I finished the prayer and just slept like a baby. I just felt totally calm and knew the Lord was telling me to go.

 M: Same for me, the night you came and asked me to tell you what to do. I poured out my heart to the Lord with dad at my side and then slept so soundly and peacefully like i never do. Then the next day when I talked to Gma she pointed out a scripture found in D&C 6: 22-23 and it says "Verily, verily, I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart that you might know concerning these things. Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater witness can you have than from God?" The Lord does answer prayers.
So who are you baptizing?

 EP: the girl we went to visit that had the ¨spirit¨ and Jorge. His wife is a member but he never wanted to listen until now. 

M: So the father and daughter? How is the girl doing? Better? Smiling?

 EP: no Jorge isn’t her dad. Its two totally separate people. Amaya is doing good. She has a problem where sometimes she has panic attacks but she’s doing good. 

 PAPA: hey guy, howzit going this is papa, how's soccer fever in Mexico? Weather must be crazy, hot and humid.

 EP: Soccer fever is crazy. Everyone is like oh come over and watch the game and we are like oh stop we can’t, don’t tempt us haha. Ya it’s been humid these past couple days but its going good.gotta go i will talk to you guys next week love you. 

 Love, 
 Elder Park

No comments:

Post a Comment